cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Paul Joseph <pjos...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HttpServletRequest from Flowscript
Date Mon, 13 Jun 2011 10:12:30 GMT
Hi Jos,

Thank your for your reply--I am using that old workhourse,  Cocoon 2.1 (.11)

I find that there it appears to be not that simple at all.  I use
flowscript and Java and am trying to implement Windows Single SIgn On
with SPNEGO.

The issue is that it needs HttpServletRequest while all I have in the
flowscript is cocoon.request which is not the same.

I found the following method on the web.

a) get the application context (avalon)

     public void contextualize(Context context) throws ContextException {
             objectModel = ContextHelper.getObjectModel(context);
     }

b) then with the objectModel, we can do:
         final HttpServletRequest httpRequest = (HttpServletRequest)
objectModel.get(HttpEnvironment.HTTP_REQUEST_OBJECT);

Good...but my problem is simple and after many hours I still don't know
how to do this:

How does one access the Avalon context in Javascript and then pass it to
the Java layer?

Now after much reading I find that I should probably write an Action and
use the sitemap to fire the action.  I gather the sitemap will
automatically make the objectmodel available to my action code and then
I can proceed as in step b above.  My only problem is I have never
written or used an action and so am a bit wary.

rgds
Paul