cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Robby Pelssers" <robby.pelss...@ciber.com>
Subject validating xml
Date Thu, 14 Apr 2011 11:43:52 GMT
Hi all,

i've got an interesting use case where my starting point is XML data (could be 1 single file,
aggregated xml data, xquery results, ...)

>From this input I have to generate a DITA map and topics for which I have a map.dtd and
topic.dtd which I  can use for validation purposes.

At some point in time during all transformation steps I have something like below simplified
snippet immediately before I want to use the source-writing transformer.  I need to validate
the map and topics before writing the files to disc.
<Root>
  <map>... </map>
  <topic>...</topic>
  <topic>...</topic>
</Root>

I can't simply use the approach below
<map:transform src="schemas/topic.xsd" type="validate"/> (similar for map) since I still
have an aggregated situation.

Did anyone ever have a similar situation and a solution for this?

Ideally the org.apache.cocoon.transformation.ValidatingTransformer could handle an optional
xpath expression to specify which nodes to treat as rootnodes for validation.

Would this approach work?

Kind regards,
Robby Pelssers