cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <scher...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Cocoon caching with multiple pipelines
Date Wed, 20 Apr 2011 16:07:40 GMT
Hi Robin,

http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/concepts/caching.html

"The default algorithm uses a very easy but effective approach to cache
a request: The pipeline process is cached up to the most possible
point."

In your case if your second pipeline is based on a non caching
generator/transformer the complete pipeline is not cacheable. Since the
validity has changed the pipeline as a whole is not cacheable.

salu2

On Thu, 2011-04-14 at 12:02 +0100, Robin Taylor wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am a newbie to this list so please forgive me if my question betrays
> an ignorance of Cocoon. I am trying to understand a caching problem I am
> encountering.
>
> I have 2 pipelines each made up of cacheable components. Cocoon spots
> that the SourceValidity object for a Transformer in the first pipeline
> has changed and so regenerates the output from that point onwards in the
> pipeline. The second pipeline uses the output from the first pipeline as
> its input, does the second pipeline know that the first pipeline
> regenerated its output ? Is it possible that Cocoon could reuse the
> cached output from the first component in the second pipeline (a
> Transformer) rather than run the Transformer using the regenerated
> input ?
>
> Cheers, Robin Taylor.

codeBusters S.L. - web based systems
<consulting, training and solutions>