cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Robby Pelssers" <robby.pelss...@ciber.com>
Subject RE: How-to disable caching for Cocoon2.2 completely
Date Thu, 17 Feb 2011 12:06:41 GMT
Hi Javier,

I implemented the noncaching by default and i will deploy to our production server soon...
I'll keep you informed if it resolves my issues.   I think performance is still quite ok...

Kind regards,
Robby Pelssers

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: Javier Puerto [mailto:jpuerto@gmail.com]
Verzonden: do 17-2-2011 10:37
Aan: users@cocoon.apache.org
CC: Robby Pelssers
Onderwerp: Re: How-to disable caching for Cocoon2.2 completely

Hi Robby,

2011/2/17 Robby Pelssers <robby.pelssers@ciber.com>

> Hi all,
>
> I was just wondering if it is possible to completely disable caching of
> components.  I have severe issues lately with wrong content being shown and
> the only way to resolve these issues is by deleting the
> tomcat/work/catalina/localhost folder and doing a restart.

To disable the cache you only need to configure the pipelines as type
"noncaching". You can configure the default type too in your sitemap.xmap
file.

<map:components>
  <map:pipes default="noncaching">
    your pipe declarations ...
  </map:pipes>

Also you can remove the cache without clean the work directory:
http://cocoon.apache.org/2.2/core-modules/core/2.2/1006_1_1.html
Your problems with the content can be related to a bad caching
implementation, you should review your custom components caching strategy.

> I would like to check out the performance without any caching and check if
> I can live with it... if so it will at least solve my corrupted cache issue.

The performance without caching it's not very good. I recommend you to use
caching if you can with an Apache HTTPD or SQUID acting as proxy cache. I
got good results with this solution.

> I sincerely look forward to any advise.

Salu2.