cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Des Magner <...@icandriveatractor.com>
Subject Can I pass a sitemap resource as a parameter to an xslt transformer?
Date Fri, 14 Jan 2011 16:23:56 GMT
Hi

I want to combine two pieces of XML that gets passed to my XSL
transformation. I have a list of authors that needs only to be read
once. I then have a page to edit different articles and this page must
present the list of authors for selection. But I do not want to read the
list of authors from the database every time an article needs to be
edited. So I thought the best way to do this would be to define a
resource that contains the list of authors and pass this as a parameter
to the transformation for the article edit page as outlined below. Is it
possible to somehow refer to the authors resource where I have placed
the ???.

Any help much appreciated
Regards
Des

<map:resource name="authors">
<map:generate src="authors.xml"/>
<map:transform type="sql">
<map:parameter name="use-connection" value="myConnection"/>
</map:transform>
</map:resource>

<map:generate src="article.xml"/>
<map:transform type="sql">
<map:parameter name="use-connection" value="myConnection"/>
<map:parameter name="article-id" value="{request-param:article}"/>
</map:transform>
<map:transform src="article.xsl">
<map:parameter name="authors" value="{???}"/>
</map:transform>