cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Szabo, Patrick \(LNG-VIE\)" <patrick.sz...@lexisnexis.at>
Subject cocoon on ubuntu 10.4 server
Date Tue, 30 Nov 2010 11:42:27 GMT
Hi,

I'm new to linux and cocoon so plz excuse me if my questions are dumb.
We are currently running cocoon, tomcat on an old debian (etchy) server
and i was told to port all that to a more actual version of linux.

I've installed Ubuntu 10.4 Server and with it Tomcat6 (there was an
option during the setup of ubuntu)

Then i wanted to install cocoon and i found this tutorial:

http://www.quinndombrowski.com/blog/2010/10/11/installing-cocoon-on-ubun
tu-10-04-or-10-10/

I followed it.

Problems start here:

mvn archetype:generate -DarchetypeCatalog=http://cocoon.apache.org

At first i chose archetype: 3, groupID: cocoon, artifactID: cocoon,
value for version: 1.0.0 and value for package: cocoon. (didn't really
know what to enter)

When i do mvn jetty:run i get an error:

[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] Webapp source directory /cocoon/target/cocoon-1.0.0 does not
exist
[INFO]

After that i wanted to try mvn archetype:generate
-DarchetypeCatalog=http://cocoon.apache.org
again and choose 2 instead of 3 (like the tutorial says) but i got an
error saying Webapp source directory does not exist.

What am i supposed to ?!

Can anyohne help me ?!

Is there a way to uninstall all the stuff again and start over ?!

Thx in advance !

Kind regards.

Patrick Szabo
 XSLT-Entwickler