cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Laurent Medioni" <lmedi...@odyssey-group.com>
Subject RE: FOPSerializer user config
Date Mon, 08 Nov 2010 09:50:00 GMT
Hi,
The first syntax should work.
Are you sure the font added in font-config.xml is actually used in your document ?
To be sure try to get some more logs from fop in DEBUG. It should display some messages about
what fonts are used...

Laurent

-----Original Message-----
From: Faehndrich Philippe [mailto:phfaehndrich@bluewin.ch]
Sent: dimanche, 7. novembre 2010 15:09
To: users@cocoon.apache.org
Subject: FOPSerializer user config

Hello,

Working with Cocoon 2.1.11 and fop-0.94.jar, I'm trying to use a Truetype font
I need for some Unicode characters.

I've built the font metric files, and added a line in the main sitemap.xmap,
but it's obvious Cocoon doesn't take this line into account.

I've tried both of the following syntax:
<map:serializer logger="sitemap.serializer.fo2pdf" mime-type="application/pdf"
name="fo2pdf" src="org.apache.cocoon.serialization.FOPSerializer">
    <user-config>WEB-INF/lib/fop-fonts/font-config.xml</user-config>
</map:serializer>

and:

<map:serializer logger="sitemap.serializer.fo2pdf" mime-type="application/pdf"
name="fo2pdf" src="org.apache.cocoon.serialization.FOPSerializer">
    <user-config src="WEB-INF/lib/fop-fonts/font-config.xml"/>
map:serializer>

with relative path to the sitemap-xmap file and absolute path (<user-
config>/srv/tomcat6/webapps/cocoon/WEB-INF/lib/fop-fonts/font-config.xml</user-
config> or <user-config src="/srv/tomcat6/webapps/cocoon/WEB-INF/lib/fop-
fonts/font-config.xml"/>), but none of the these solutions work.

I just get the same PDF output as if I didn't modify anything. As I have no
error and no mention of the FOP process in the log files, I have no idea if the
error is the sitemap.xmap, in the font-config.xml or in the metric files.

Could someone help me? I didn't find anything I understand enough in the
documentation.

Philippe Faehndrich

• This email and any files transmitted with it are CONFIDENTIAL and intended
• Any unauthorized copying, disclosure, or distribution of the material within
  this email is strictly forbidden.
• Any views or opinions presented within this e-mail are solely those of the
  author and do not necessarily represent those of Odyssey Financial
Technologies SA unless otherwise specifically stated.
• An electronic message is not binding on its sender. Any message referring to
• If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately
  and delete the original.