cocoon-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Charles Yates <ceya...@stanford.edu>
Subject Re: problem encoding using SendMailTransformer
Date Tue, 12 Oct 2010 19:05:16 GMT
  Ah, yes, I see that in your original message.

In case it helps, here is how discovered the cause of my problem.  I 
used eclipse with WTP (web tools project) with the appropriate versions 
of cocoon, tomcat and my application as projects.  I put a breakpoint at 
a place where I knew I would see the garbled characters and then went 
back through the method calls to find the point where they were created.

In my case it was the tomcat Connector object using its default 
character encoding.

On 10/8/10 8:02 AM, Charles Yates wrote:
> Hello, I think you need to set URIencoding in your tomcat connector:
>
> http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/config/http.html#Common_Attributes
>> |URIEncoding|
>>
>> This specifies the character encoding used to decode the URI bytes, 
>> after %xx decoding the URL. If not specified, ISO-8859-1 will be used.
>>
> had this problem myself recently . . .
>
> -Charles
>> Hi all
>>
>>    I have a problem using the code of:
>> org.apache.cocoon.mail.transformation.SendMailTransformer, when I send an
>> email, target user always receive the field body with strange characters, so
>> seemd bad encoding, and is curious only the field body, the subject is ok.
>>
>> I work with encoding UTF-8, and I check Tomcat configuration is good:
>>   * parameter: URIEncoding="UTF-8"
>>   * SetCharacterEncoding = UTF-8
>>   * container-encoding = utf-8
>>   *  form-encoding = utf-8
>>
>> I check encoding os serializers on Cocoon, too:
>> <map:serializer name="xml-utf8" mime-type="text/xml"
>> src="org.apache.cocoon.serialization.XMLSerializer">
>>    <encoding>UTF-8</encoding>
>> </map:serializer>
>> <map:serializer name="xhtml"
>> src="org.apache.cocoon.serialization.XMLSerializer">
>>            <doctype-public>-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN</doctype-public>
>>
>> <doctype-system>http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd</doctype-system>
>>            <encoding>UTF-8</encoding>
>> </map:serializer>
>>
>> I only see that There is any problem on AbstractSAXTransformer to recovery
>> data from textarea field on HTML, because is the diference between field
>> subject and body.
>>
>> Thank you


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@cocoon.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@cocoon.apache.org


Mime
View raw message