cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Sands Alden Fish <sa...@MIT.EDU>
Subject Quick question about Matcher flow
Date Fri, 17 Sep 2010 16:55:57 GMT
Hi all, I'm trying to make sure I understand what happens in a certain pipeline flow using
Matchers.

If you've got an embedded matcher, with further pipeline elements after it, and the inner
matcher doesn't match, does the pipeline default to the elements below it?

And more to the point, if the matcher matches, do those additional elements after it get included
in pipeline processing?  Perhaps the example will illuminate best:

         <map:match pattern="disseminate-package/*/*/**">
            <map:match type="request-parameter" pattern="package">
               <map:read type="DisseminationPackageReader">
                  <map:parameter name="handle" value="{../1}/{../2}"/>
                  <map:parameter name="name" value="{../3}"/>
                  <map:parameter name="package" value="{1}"/>
               </map:read>
            </map:match>
                <map:read type="DisseminationPackageReader">
                   <map:parameter name="handle" value="{1}/{2}"/>
                   <map:parameter name="name" value="{3}"/>
                </map:read>
         </map:match>

It appears to me that the DisseminationPackageReader will execute twice in the situation where
the "package" parameter is present.  Is this true?

Shouldn't this be using a request-parameter Selector or some such mechanism to decide whether
to use the first or the second pipeline?

--
sands fish
Software Engineer