cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Robby Pelssers" <robby.pelss...@ciber.com>
Subject wrong encoding used when opening xml file with encoding utf-8
Date Mon, 13 Sep 2010 12:31:07 GMT

Hi all,

I'm generating an html table using Chinese characters and i set the encoding and mimetype
as follows:

	var response = cocoon.response;
	response.setContentType("application/vnd.ms-excel; charset=utf-8");
	response.setHeader(
	    "Content-Disposition",
	    "attachment; filename=" + id + ".xls"
	);

	cocoon.sendPage(
		"chemicalcontent/excel/" + rohs + "/" + id + ".xls"
	);

When previewing the html table in the browser it displays the chinese characters ok. But when
i click the download link and i open the file with excel, it always takes Western European
as charset.. I can manually change that and reload the file but am I missing something or
is excel unable to open an xml file using the correct encoding?

I know this question is a bit of topic but maybe somebody else ever faced and solved this
issue.

Kind regards,
Robby Pelssers