cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Ron Van den Branden <ron.vandenbran...@kantl.be>
Subject Re: form encoding issues
Date Wed, 29 Sep 2010 10:36:24 GMT
  Hi Thomas,

I'm not much of an expert in encoding matters, and could indeed be happy
with ISO-8859-1 instead of UTF-8.

However, testing with ISO-8859-1 set as container-encoding, even Arabic
input is passed through correctly: ص (Arabic letter 'sad' -
http://www.fileformat.info/info/unicode/char/0635/index.htm) comes out
as it has been entered.

Does this mean that this (default) ISO-8859-1 container encoding does
cater for UTF-8 correctly? Otherwise, would you mind expanding on your
webapps/examples/WEB-INF/classes/filters/SetCharacterEncodingFilter.java
suggestion (I'm not much of a Java expert, either ;-))?

OTOH, I don't see any difference between cocoon running in either Tomcat
or the shipped Jetty.

Kind regards,

Ron