cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Robby Pelssers" <robby.pelss...@ciber.com>
Subject RE: Cocoon 2.2 + openjpa
Date Mon, 14 Jun 2010 08:56:38 GMT
Hi Ali,

Suppose you have a cocoon application with multiple cocoon blocks A, B and C.

The default rcl.properties will contain something like

com.mycompany.blockA.service%classes-dir=./target/classes

This will ensure that whenever you are running the application (while still developing) you
can make changes in your java classes and pressing F5 in the browser will immediately reflect
those changes.

You could also have a situation where block B depends on block A

com.mycompany.blockB.service%classes-dir=./target/classes

com.mycompany.blockA.service%classes-dir=../blockA/target/classes
         --> use the classes from the target folder of block A
%exclude-lib=com.mycompany:blockA
                                        --> exclude the jar from block A

I’m no expert on classloaders but I think you should comment out these lines when moving
to a production environment.

And just like you noticed this can even cause classloading issues while still developing so
also in that cause you can comment out these lines.

Robby