cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Steven Dolg <steven.d...@indoqa.com>
Subject Re: [C3] How to prevent caching a stylesheet?
Date Fri, 18 Jun 2010 18:43:25 GMT
Hi,

no, there is no further caching setting you could use and there should
be no caching with the configuration you described.

However, after looking at some code I found this in the XSLTTransformer:

   private void loadXSLT(final URL source, final Map<String, Object> attributes) {
        if (source == null) {
            throw new IllegalArgumentException("The parameter 'source' mustn't be null.");
        }

        this.source = source;

        // check the XSLT is in the cache first
        if (XSLT_CACHE.containsKey(source)) {
            // get the XSLT directly from the cache
            this.templates = XSLT_CACHE.get(this.source);
	} else {

I'm not really up-to-date but it looks like there is no way to affect
this behaviour in any way.
So sadly this appears to be a genuine deficiency in trunk (which been
there since at least early January).

I'm afraid there is no solution for this readily available (except the
obvious restart)

Steven