cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Mark Diggory <mdigg...@gmail.com>
Subject Understanding Cocoon 2.2 URL Request Handlers
Date Sat, 08 May 2010 22:37:23 GMT
Cocoon Developers,

We continue to have problems utilizing the Cocoon 2.2 block
capabilities dues to not being able to resolve cocoon request handlers
where necessary.  Could someone please be so kind as to clarify where
the following request handlers are defined and how to configure them
appropriately now that there is no cocoon.xconf?

When we try to enable using cocoon blocks by adding the the cocoon
maven plugin to maven and defining our rcl.properties we get the
following type of error:

ava.net.MalformedURLException: unknown protocol: resource
	at java.net.URL.<init>(URL.java:574)
	at java.net.URL.<init>(URL.java:464)
	at java.net.URL.<init>(URL.java:413)
	at org.apache.cocoon.core.container.spring.avalon.SourceResource.getURL(SourceResource.java:97)
	at org.apache.cocoon.core.container.spring.avalon.ConfigurationReader.convertSitemap(ConfigurationReader.java:263)
	at org.apache.cocoon.core.container.spring.avalon.ConfigurationReader.readSitemap(ConfigurationReader.java:104)
	at org.apache.cocoon.core.container.spring.avalon.SitemapElementParser.readConfiguration(SitemapElementParser.java:99)
	at org.apache.cocoon.core.container.spring.avalon.BridgeElementParser.parse(BridgeElementParser.java:78)
	at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.NamespaceHandlerSupport.parse(NamespaceHandlerSupport.java:69)

or in another place...

Caused by: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanDefinitionStoreException:
Unable to read Avalon configuration from 'sitemap.xmap'.; nested
exception is java.net.MalformedURLException: unknown protocol:
resource
	at org.apache.cocoon.core.container.spring.avalon.BridgeElementParser.parse(BridgeElementParser.java:86)
	at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.NamespaceHandlerSupport.parse(NamespaceHandlerSupport.java:69)
	at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.BeanDefinitionParserDelegate.parseCustomElement(BeanDefinitionParserDelegate.java:1297)
	at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.BeanDefinitionParserDelegate.parseCustomElement(BeanDefinitionParserDelegate.java:1287)
	at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.DefaultBeanDefinitionDocumentReader.parseBeanDefinitions(DefaultBeanDefinitionDocumentReader.java:135)
	at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.DefaultBeanDefinitionDocumentReader.registerBeanDefinitions(DefaultBeanDefinitionDocumentReader.java:92)
	at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.registerBeanDefinitions(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:507)
	at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.doLoadBeanDefinitions(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.j

Is this caused because we are missing a specific "block" for
registering Protocol Handlers like"resource" and "blockcontext"?

Cheers,
Mark Diggory