cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Robby Pelssers" <robby.pelss...@ciber.com>
Subject RE: Understanding Cocoon 2.2 URL Request Handlers
Date Tue, 11 May 2010 16:26:12 GMT
I don't see the problem...

Just create a launch configuration and start debuggin ;-)

http://robbypelssers.blogspot.com/2010/05/quick-start-apache-cocoon.html

Cheers,
Robby

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Diggory [mailto:mdiggory@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 11, 2010 5:55 PM
To: users@cocoon.apache.org
Subject: Re: Understanding Cocoon 2.2 URL Request Handlers

Ok,

I have finally uncovered what is happening to cause error in loading
blocks and testing which lead to the previous error.  I've determined
that with the last release of the cocoon-servlet-service-impl (1.1.0
and 1.2.0), that something is just not right with the URL Protocol
Handler resolution in cocoon-jnet.  My solution has been to release
our own version of cocoon-servlet-service-impl with the necessary
fixes and no dependency on this jnet implementation.

However, now I have uncovered that when using Intellij IDEA, because
we are trying to execute blocks that are not packaged in jars, we get
the following error. Can anyone recommend a solution that will allow
blocks to be executed when working with unpackaged maven
target/classes directories such as those in IDEA and Eclipse?  Ideally
it would be great to not have to have everything packaged up into jars
to test/debug the webapplication, this defeats the point of using a
debugging IDE.

org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error
creating bean with name
'org.apache.cocoon.spring.configurator.BlockResourcesHolder':
Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is
java.lang.NullPointerException
	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.initializeBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1338)
	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.doCreateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:473)
	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory$1.run(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:409)
	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:380)
	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory$1.getObject(AbstractBeanFactory.java:264)
	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.getSingleton(DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.java:222)
	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.doGetBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:261)
	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:185)

Mark