cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Mark H. Wood" <mw...@IUPUI.Edu>
Subject Re: Very large Generator file
Date Tue, 11 May 2010 13:01:08 GMT
On Tue, May 11, 2010 at 07:56:19AM -0500, Schmitz, Jeffrey A wrote:
> Thanks Huib,
>    I'm afraid my document is very interconnected.  I'm coming to realize that xslt has
pretty much a hard limit on the size of files you can process with it, i.e. if it can't fit
into memory and you need the full power of xslt you're pretty much out of luck.  What about
going to a 64 bit machine and just allocating a huge amount of ram to Tomcat?  Can this been
done with tomcat/cocoon?

It can be done with a 64-bit JVM.  Tomcat won't know and neither will Cocoon.

Balance your desire for bells and whistles with the reality that only a
little more than 2 percent of world population has broadband.
	-- Ledford and Tyler, _Google Analytics 2.0_