cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Robby Pelssers" <robby.pelss...@ciber.com>
Subject RE: Lowering in amount of users' posts?
Date Mon, 19 Apr 2010 11:03:48 GMT
I'll give this some more thought over the next few weeks... I'm in the middle of moving but
starting from May I could start thinking of writing some small demo app... the most important
question left is to whether we should
create a demo using Cocoon2.2 or Cocoon3 (not much experience yet).

Robby

-----Original Message-----
From: Andre Juffer [mailto:andre.juffer@oulu.fi]
Sent: Monday, April 19, 2010 12:37 PM
To: users@cocoon.apache.org
Subject: Re: Lowering in amount of users' posts?

Robby Pelssers wrote:
> There is no real need to move ... totally agree.  But once you become familiar with
> - agile development
> - unit-testing  (junit & spring-test)
> - dependency injection (Spring)
> - AOP
> - Cocoon-spring-configurator
> - reloading class loader (RCL)
>
> You might finally see the benefits from switching to newer versions.
>
> I've been working completely solo for the past 2 years on several Cocoon modules (which
could be compared with 1 application) and most of the times I can show incremental results
using 1 week iterations. I do small new released and receive immediate feedback from the customer.

> I actually have been combining/integrating
> - YUI2.7 -> YUI3
> - Xstream
> - Axis
> - Quartz Job scheduler
> - ...
> into my modules without much difficulties and that's due to the complete new set of technologies
at hand.

> If there is a real need to get some real live use case  (instead of hellow world) elaborated
I'm more than happy to contribute to a demo application which can be checked out to view the
sources and explain step-by-step how you can setup your cocoon-app.

> Anybody who has a nice suggestion?

How about the following. The domain-driven design (DDD), my personal
favorite,  community has an example (in Java) available based on the
cargo shipping domain. Have a look at

http://www.domaindrivendesign.org/node/42

We could arrange for combining this demo project with cocoon as the
layer between the UI and the domain.