cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Robby Pelssers" <robby.pelss...@ciber.com>
Subject RE: Lowering in amount of users' posts?
Date Mon, 19 Apr 2010 09:20:04 GMT
Ok.

I have to agree on the documentation issue.  This certainly hasn't approved and for usage
of sitemap components I still tend to use the Cocoon2.1.x docs.

I do believe as well that Cocoon forms in combination with flowscript was state of the art
back then but other frameworks are doing an equally good or even better job nowadays.

Cocoon is still my preferred tool to do xml transformations but if you want to build highly
dynamic interactive webapps you might as well take a look around for other available options.
 But this is where Cocoon3.0 comes into play...

Instead of building your complete webapp with the Cocoon framework you can now choose your
preferred framework (GWT, Wicket, -> http://java-source.net/open-source/web-frameworks
) and outsource the xml stuff to Cocoon3 by just using the Java API.  Also check out Reinhard's
effort for howto  http://cocoon.apache.org/3.0/reference/html-single/index.html#wicket-integration

And I expect I'll make the switch to Cocoon3 over the next year because of this reason.

On the other hand the first implementations of XPROC are available which resembles a lot what
cocoon has to offer...

Cheers,
Robby