cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Robby Pelssers" <robby.pelss...@ciber.com>
Subject RE: exception handling sitemap
Date Thu, 15 Apr 2010 09:50:15 GMT
I just checked the cocoon docs and it seems the notifying generator is deprecated... There
is an ExceptionGenerator which basically delivers the same functionality.

http://cocoon.apache.org/2.2/core-modules/core/2.2/937_1_1.html

Cheers,
Robby

-----Original Message-----
From: Robby Pelssers [mailto:robby.pelssers@ciber.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 15, 2010 11:05 AM
To: users@cocoon.apache.org
Subject: RE: exception handling sitemap

Mmm,

You're right.... I actually did read about this generator a long time ago.  I guess I'll do
the same and transform it to the format I need.

The reason why I need a generic solution is because I have following setup in 1 cocoon block:

- Scheduled job (Quartz) which connects to a webservice and checks which items need to be
transformed
- the job invokes a cocoon pipeline based on the item name and get's back a <ProcessingResult>
- this cocoon pipeline generates DITA topics and map and saves them including all referenced
images to the filesystem as a side effect
- this pipeline should result either in

<ProcessingResult>
  <ItemName>Item-XX</ItemName>
  <Status>SUCCESS</Status>  <!-- or FAILURE -->
  <!-- Optionally in case of STATUS FAILURE
  <Exception>
    <Class>${exception.class.name}</Class>
    <Message>${exception.message}</Message/>
    <Cause>${exception.cause}</Cause>
  </Exception>
  -->
</ProcessingResult>

- The job unmarshalls the <ProcessingResult> and updates the webservice with the correct
status.

Thx for the quick answer.

Kind regards,
Robby Pelssers