cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Andre Juffer <andre.juf...@oulu.fi>
Subject Re: Lowering in amount of users' posts?
Date Mon, 19 Apr 2010 09:48:01 GMT
Robby Pelssers wrote:
> Ok.
>
> I have to agree on the documentation issue.  This certainly hasn't approved and for usage
of sitemap components I still tend to use the Cocoon2.1.x docs.

> I do believe as well that Cocoon forms in combination with flowscript was state of the
art back then but other frameworks are doing an equally good or even better job nowadays.

> Cocoon is still my preferred tool to do xml transformations but if you want to build
highly dynamic interactive webapps you might as well take a look around for other available
options.  But this is where Cocoon3.0 comes into play...

> Instead of building your complete webapp with the Cocoon framework you can now choose
your preferred framework (GWT, Wicket, -> http://java-source.net/open-source/web-frameworks
) and outsource the xml stuff to Cocoon3 by just using the Java API.  Also check out Reinhard's
effort for howto  http://cocoon.apache.org/3.0/reference/html-single/index.html#wicket-integration

Yes, this is exactly how I would like to work with Cocoon. My preference
is the dojo toolkit, though.
> And I expect I'll make the switch to Cocoon3 over the next year because of this reason.
>
> On the other hand the first implementations of XPROC are available which resembles a
lot what cocoon has to offer...

Was not aware of this one. I'll have a look.