cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Reinhard Pötz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Cocoon 2.2 on Spring 3.0.1
Date Tue, 06 Apr 2010 09:15:13 GMT
Kazimierz Pogoda wrote:
> Is it possible to run cocoon 2.2 based application using spring 3.0.1 libraries?
>
> I prepared pom with all the conflicts resolved which involved a lot of
> excludes. When I execute mvn jetty:run an error occurs:
>
> java.lang.AbstractMethodError:
> org.apache.cocoon.tools.rcl.springreloader.SynchronizedConfigureableWebApplicationContext.setId(Ljava/lang/String;)V
> 	at org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader.createWebApplicationContext(ContextLoader.java:265)

I guess that C22 runs with Spring 3.0.1 but the problem is the Cocoon
Maven plugin that has a hard dependency on Spring 2.5.x. Two weeks ago I
fixed the plugin in SVN but it hasn't been released yet.

You can build the plugin yourself though and use as your local snapshot
version.

--
Reinhard Pötz                        Founder & Managing Director, Indoqa