cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Mark H. Wood" <mw...@IUPUI.Edu>
Subject Re: Lowering in amount of users' posts?
Date Mon, 19 Apr 2010 13:52:39 GMT
On Mon, Apr 19, 2010 at 12:19:28PM +0200, Robby Pelssers wrote:
> There is no real need to move ... totally agree.  But once you become familiar with
> - agile development
> - unit-testing  (junit & spring-test)
> - dependency injection (Spring)
> - AOP
> - Cocoon-spring-configurator
> - reloading class loader (RCL)
>
> You might finally see the benefits from switching to newer versions.

Oh, the *benefits* are easy enough to see.  It's the how-to-switch
that's clear as mud.  Like the famous S. Harris cartoon, I think we
need to be more explicit in step two.

(Step 1:  lots of math
 Step 2:  "then a miracle occurs"
 Step 3:  lots of *completely different-looking* math)

Balance your desire for bells and whistles with the reality that only a
little more than 2 percent of world population has broadband.
	-- Ledford and Tyler, _Google Analytics 2.0_