cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Andreas Kuehne <akue...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Lowering in amount of users' posts?
Date Sun, 18 Apr 2010 13:40:24 GMT
Hi,

for me it's also true :
Didn't see any real need to got to 2.2. or beyond ! 2.1 does anything for me, huge apps with
heavy load as well as quick solutions.

To the major problem of cocoon is : It's ready ! No burning needs for new functionality, no
major tasks on the todo list. Fiddeling with another base framework ( spring instead of avalon
) or build tool ( maven vs. ant ) doesn't make any user more happy.

I can do what I need any van even impress competitors with speed and performance. Maintainance
mode or not, I'm happy with it !

Greetings

Andreas

________________________________
From: Stavros Kounis <skounis@gmail.com>
To: users@cocoon.apache.org
Sent: Sun, April 18, 2010 1:12:32 PM
Subject: Re: Lowering in amount of users' posts?

Hi

i totally agree with Bart. I'm away from Cocoon since 2.1.11. Cocoon 2.2 required from me

a new learning curve. Since then i have moved to other technologies. For small sized web
applications Cocoon forms are replaced by GWT.

Of course i'm missing CForms and its powerful javascript as controller but now i have
an IDE (eclipse with gwt-plugins) to work in.

It's was more easy for me to adapt GWT than Cocoon 2.2.

In any case i don't compare GWT with Cocoon. I still monitor cocoon's lists
and i have always in my mind to find time to dig into C2.2 or/and C3.

/stavros

Considering myself a 'normal' user (not developing cocoon), i lost

Stavros S. Kounis
e: skounis@urbantech.gr
w: http://skounis.blogspot.com

Urban Technologies