cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Ron McNulty" <rmcnu...@xtra.co.nz>
Subject Selection list HTML rendering
Date Sat, 13 Mar 2010 02:50:08 GMT
Hi all

I am upgrading a legacy Cocoon (2.1.8) application. One change is to remove
the definition of selection list items from the XML files, and generate the
selection list in the Java code. I have this working fine except for one
annoying but fatal bug.

The original item descriptions contained HTML markup. This was passed
verbatim to the browser, and rendered correctly. But when I put the same
HTML markup in my programmatically generated list, Cocoon helpfully escapes
the markup, so it no longer works.

My field definition looks like this:
<fd:field id="pizzaList">
        <fd:label>We sell the following pizzas: </fd:label>
        <fd:datatype base="String"/>
        <fd:selection-list />
</fd:field>

In the Java code, I lookup the "pizzaList" widget, cast it appropriately and
call the setSelectionList(myList); method.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to fix this?

Regards

Ron