cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Robby Pelssers" <robby.pelss...@ciber.com>
Subject Saxon extensions / using Spring application Context
Date Tue, 09 Mar 2010 15:41:18 GMT
Hi all,

I know you can call static java methods from xslt and even construct new java objects.  But
that happens NOT to match my use case.

Short description of my use case:

I have a datasheetbuilder bean defined in my applicationContext:

  <bean id="datasheetBuilder" class="com.nxp.spider2.application.DatasheetBuilderImpl"
scope="request">
    <property name="spider" ref="spiderBean"/>
    <property name="imageCache" ref="imageCache"/>
  </bean>

What I would like to do is call methods on this bean from within transformers (xslt) in the
pipelines processing the original request.

Has anyone an idea if this would be possible somehow and if so can you point me to some documentation
or explain how to accomplish this.

I can easily imagine this would be possible by writing a custom java transformer (not using
xslt) which has access to the applicationContext but this involves quite a bit of work so...

Kind regards,
Robby Pelssers