cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Jens Reufsteck <jens.reufst...@staufenbiel.de>
Subject tutorial example work with jetty but not on tomcat6
Date Thu, 04 Mar 2010 13:58:41 GMT
I've just started with Cocoon 2.2 (after using Cocoon 2.1 successfully for
many years).

I'm following the tutorials, i.e. I'm using mvn (2.2.1) having installed the
webapp plus an example block.

Everything's fine with jetty (mvn jetty:run out of the webapp directory). On
tomcat I'm getting the following Exception:

2010-03-04 13:50:30,826 ERROR http-8080-1 cocoon.access - Internal Cocoon
Problem
org.apache.avalon.framework.service.ServiceException: Exception during lookup
of component with 'org.apache.cocoon.components.flow.Interpreter/javascript'.
(Key='AvalonServiceManager')
        at
org.apache.cocoon.core.container.spring.avalon.AvalonServiceManager.lookup(AvalonServiceManager.java:63)

Caused by: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error
creating bean with name
'org.apache.cocoon.components.flow.Interpreter/javascript': Initialization of
bean failed; nested exception is
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Unable to initialize
Avalon component with role
org.apache.cocoon.components.flow.Interpreter/javascript; nested exception is
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.doCreateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:445)

Any hints, what's missing? Many thanks
Jens Reufsteck