cocoon-users mailing list archives

From L Duperval <laurent.duper...@videotron.com>
Subject Is Cocoon right for me?
Date Tue, 16 Feb 2010 17:28:59 GMT
Hi,

I am trying to accomplish the following:

- Receive an XML file either by FTP or by fetching it with wget or something

- When the file is completely transferred, apply an XSL transformation on it

- Put the resulting XSLT file(s) in a directory or add them to a database (not
sure which approach will be used yet)

- Return the XSLT file(s) to an HTTP client on request

I'm pretty sure that the last three are supported by Coccon but I am unsure
about the first one. I don't think it will be possible to push the data to the
Cocoon server via a form, or via some sort of GET/POST combination.

Also, we are considering testing various XSLT engines (xalan, saxon, possibly
the Oracle one) to see which gives the best results. My understanding is that I
can use any XSLT implemention, as long as it implements the appropriate API. Am
I correct?

Thanks for any help,