cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Francesco Chicchiriccò <francesco.chicchiri...@everett.it>
Subject Re: Cocoon.load
Date Tue, 16 Feb 2010 09:28:46 GMT
On 15/feb/10, at 19:30, Schmitz, Jeffrey A wrote:

> Hello,
>   I'm running my cocoon app under tomcat, and am trying to figure
> out where to place the target of a cocoon.load call in my flowscript
> so that it will be found at runtime.
>
> For example, I'm trying to use:
>
> cocoon.load("resource://org/apache/cocoon/forms/flow/javascript/
> Form.js");
>
> While I've gotten this to work under the included jetty server, I'm
> not sure how to transfer this over so it will work correctly as a
> tomcat webapp.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi,
if you use the resource:// protocol to find your JS, this means that
the JS file is usually located inside a JAR file, under the specified
package. The JAR file must of course be in the classpath of your web
application, usually under WEB-INF/lib folder.

If you want instead to refer to a JS file not in any JAR, you should
consider the path from the folder in which the sitemap including the
referring JS is located.

For example:

A/
     sitemap.xmap
     flow/
             main.js
             external.js

if sitemap.xmap loads "flow/main.js", you can include external.js by
putting

cocoon.load("flow/external.js");

inside main.js.

Note that what I wrote above only derives from my personal experience,
so it is very likely that the underlying theory about loaders is far
much involved than this. Nevertheless, this is working ;-)

Cheers.