cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Andreas Kuehne <akue...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Can Cocoon be a solution (or start) for me?
Date Wed, 03 Feb 2010 20:33:30 GMT
Hi,
yes, you cav achieve something like this with Cocoon. There are some portal-like blocks available
in Cocoon. Or you go for a fully-fledged portal implementation. I got some experience with
liferay.

I would recommend to investigate both ...

Greetings

Andreas

----- Original Message ----
From: koencl <koencleynhens@gmail.com>
To: users@cocoon.apache.org
Sent: Wed, February 3, 2010 9:05:37 PM
Subject: Can Cocoon be a solution (or start) for me?

Today we are working in a custom J2EE web application framework (kind of
Struts alike framework).
But we need a new kind of website.

The main requirement is that we need some flexible structure to setup the
web pages (kind of building blocks). And maybe in the future a new
requirement could be that our web administrator (non developer) can modify
the structure (not the whole structure, but playing a litlle bit with some
blocks) without need some developer doing the job...

So Maybe someone can told me if Cocoon can help me building up such a J2EE
website?

And maybe important is that some JSP pages tody can be re-used easily...

Thanks for all feedback