cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Shahriar Aghajani <aghajani.li...@principle.com>
Subject How do apply a patch to cocoon 2.2 trunk and make app user that version?
Date Mon, 15 Feb 2010 01:10:21 GMT
Hi,

I'm using Cocoon 2.2 and I am having trouble with database connection
leaks.

I came across COCOON-2259 and am trying to apply the patch supplied, but
I'm having difficulties.  Your help would be much appreciated.

I've got the cocoon src trunk checked out, and have applied the patch,
and compiled and installed cocoon.

But now, how do I get my block to use the new version of cocoon I have
compiled?

I build my blocks using: mvn archetype:generate
-DarchetypeCatalog=http://cocoon.apache.org

But now that I have my own complication of cocoon, I'm trying

mvn org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-archetype-plugin:1.0-alpha-7:create
-DarchetypeGroupId=org.apache.cocoon
-DarchetypeArtifactId=cocoon-22-archetype-block
-DarchetypeVersion=1.1.0-SNAPSHOT -DgroupId=com.mycompany
-DartifactId=myBlock

But the resulting block is still using the stock 2.2 version of Cocoon
with the 1.0.0 stock version of cocoon-sitemap-impl instead of
2.2.1-SNAPSHOT and 1.1.0-SNAPSHOT respectively.

What am I missing?  How do I get my block to use the locally compiled
version of Cocoon rather than the 2.2 version maven fetches?

Your guidance and help are most appreciated.

Thank you,
Shahriar.

COCOON-2259:  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COCOON-2259