cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Wendy Bossons <wboss...@MIT.EDU>
Subject Use Case for Cocoon with JSF?
Date Mon, 14 Dec 2009 16:11:34 GMT
Hello,

I am new to Cocoon . . . however, the project on which I'm now working
is Cocoon based and has a significant code base . . . I would like to
create a JSF frontend to this application, have been given the go
ahead to do so.

As I begin, however, I'm finding only older resources on the web
regarding integrating JSF and Cocoon (circa 2004) . . . and in the
end, these end up back in the Cocoon pipeline as XML/XSL
transformations. So I'm wondering what's the use case for integrating
the two? My initial hope was to simplify the user interface and to
take advantage of the many features of some extended JSF framework
like IceFaces.

Can someone speak to this idea ... what is the use case(s) for moving
to JSF if it all ends up in an XSL transformation in Cocoon?
Wendy Bossons
Web Developer

Contact Information:
wbossons@mit.edu