cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Reinhard Pötz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: run jetty / error / custom webapp
Date Sat, 05 Dec 2009 22:50:59 GMT
Johannes Lichtenberger wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have shared a project in a subversion repository, but when I checkout
> the project on another place and try to start jetty (mvn jetty:run) I
> get the following error:
>
> [INFO] Can't copy custom webapp files (directory:
> '/home/johannes/workspace/mysite/rcl-config) to the web application in
> preparation.
>
> The permissions are ok (755), so I'm really not sure what this means
> (seems to have something to do with the rcl-config directory) :-/

It's a file operation problem. The statement where the exception is
thrown, uses the Apache Commons IO FileUtils:

void org.apache.commons.io.FileUtils.copyDirectory(File srcDir, File
destDir) throws IOException

Copies a whole directory to a new location preserving the file dates.

This method copies the specified directory and all its child directories
and files to the specified destination. The destination is the new
location and name of the directory.

The destination directory is created if it does not exist. If the
destination directory did exist, then this method merges the source with
the destination, with the source taking precedence.

Parameters:
srcDir an existing directory to copy, must not be null
destDir the new directory, must not be null
Throws:
NullPointerException - if source or destination is null
IOException - if source or destination is invalid
IOException - if an IO error occurs during copying

Maybe this gives you an idea what could be wrong with your setup.