cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Glen Robson <glen.rob...@llgc.org.uk>
Subject Re: Deploying Cocoon 2.2 to tomcat
Date Thu, 05 Nov 2009 09:19:35 GMT
Hi Dom,

On 4 Nov 2009, at 22:35, Dominic Mitchell wrote:
> You need two modules: one for the block and one for the webapp (you
> will probably also want a third, parent module to build them all in
> one shot).
>
> Don't try to edit the block's and set it's packaging to a war.  This
> simply won't work, as you've seen.  if you have a look at the
> tutorials, pay particular attention to the last one on deployment.
>
> Using the cocoon-maven-plugin and jetty:run is (as far as I can see)
> development time only.
>
> -Dom

Thanks for your reply. I do have two block as you say one for the
block and one for the webapp. The block packaging type is set to jar
but its the webapp packaging type I'm confused with.

I've been following the tutorial you mentioned and it works well for
jetty but I can't get it to work with tomcat. Am I using the correct
tomcat maven plugin?

63          <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
64          <artifactId>tomcat-maven-plugin</artifactId>

I've had the deployment working before but now I need to use xpatch
which requires the cocoon maven pugin to run to patch the web.xml. So
my problem is if I need the cocoon maven plugin to run the packaging
type needs to be jar but if I want to deploy to tomcat then the
packaging type needs to be war.

Thanks for your help

Glen