cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Reinhard Pötz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cocoon3 block deployment
Date Tue, 17 Nov 2009 14:38:32 GMT
Jos Snellings wrote:
> Please find below the follow up on the tomcat deployment problem. I am sure it is of
interest
> to a lot of users:
> With the latest sources checked out from svn, built in eclipse the problem is solved.
>
> Deployment under tomcat:
> 1. add xercesImpl.jar
> 2. in the local build I have no pom.properties file included in the jar
>    (in fact, in my builds there is no META-INF/maven), so XMLSitemapServlet.initVersionNumber()
will fail,
>    I stubbed that method for the time being.

So you don't use Maven to build Cocoon 3 trunk?

> 3. An entry Cocoon-Block-Name in the manifest file is not necessary, this invalidates:
>    http://cocoon.apache.org/subprojects/block-deployment/1.1/1471_1_1.html

The blockcontext:/ protocol usually used in the Servlet-Service
definition relies on this entry. Without it, the servlet context can't
be resolved correctly.

> Blocks are neatly deployed under the mount point specified in the servlet-service bean
declaration.

It's good to hear but I wonder how this can work for you at all ;-)

> I had to adapt the samples to the alpha-2 level. Some classes were refactored to cocoon-sax,
others are obsolete.
> Is the new version available? Care for the adapted code?

What do you mean by "new version"?