cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Dominic Mitchell <...@happygiraffe.net>
Subject Re: Deploying Cocoon 2.2 to tomcat
Date Fri, 06 Nov 2009 15:18:43 GMT
On Fri, Nov 6, 2009 at 3:12 PM, Glen Robson <glen.robson@llgc.org.uk> wrote:

> I moved the servlet to the block-servlet-service and it works great :D on
> jetty and tomcat.

Excellent news.

Given the non-documentation of the SSF, you may have a hard time figuring
> out what the correct values should be without looking at the source code. :(
>

> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/trunk/subprojects/cocoon-servlet-service/
>

> Thanks for the link I've really struggled to find any information on the
> Servlet integration so Ill have a look in there to see whats going on.
>
> The most useful thing that I've found for exploring cocoon is the git
mirror.  If you run git clone git://git.apache.org/cocoon.git, you get a
full cocoon source tree with history.  Then you can do git
grep<http://www.kernel.org/pub/software/scm/git/docs/git-grep.html>to
quickly search through it all.  It's very handy.

Is writing code using Java Servlets and the SSF less the "cocoon way" than
> using flowscript or were you referring to the xweb use?

I was referring to using cocoon technologies rather than the servlet stuff.
 Where Cocoon provides something of course.  It can be difficult to get a
feel for this sort of thing, but as a rule of thumb, I reckon you should
start trying to solve any problem starting with FlowScript.

> I'm afraid I'm new to cocoon 2.2 but have used cocoon 2.1.1 for the last
> few years.

It took me a while to get used to 2.2  Although much of this was learning
maven rather than cocoon, it has to be said.

-Dom