cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Dominic Mitchell <...@happygiraffe.net>
Subject Re: Deploying Cocoon 2.2 to tomcat
Date Wed, 04 Nov 2009 22:35:19 GMT
On Wed, Nov 4, 2009 at 10:34 AM, Glen Robson <glen.robson@llgc.org.uk>wrote:

> I'm trying to deploy cocoon to tomcat but I seem to be getting a conflict
> with the packaging type and maven. If I want the cocoon RCL plugin to run
> then the package type needs to be jar but if I want to deploy to tomcat the
> package type needs to be war (in the pom.xml). I can get the code working if
> I use jetty as it doesn't seem to require a war package. The results after
> running mvn package with the package type set to war:

You need two modules: one for the block and one for the webapp (you will
probably also want a third, parent module to build them all in one shot).

Don't try to edit the block's and set it's packaging to a war.  This simply
won't work, as you've seen.  if you have a look at the tutorials, pay
particular attention to the last one on
deployment<http://cocoon.apache.org/2.2/1362_1_1.html>
.

Using the cocoon-maven-plugin and jetty:run is (as far as I can see)
development time only.

-Dom