cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Glen Robson <glen.rob...@llgc.org.uk>
Subject Deploying Cocoon 2.2 to tomcat
Date Wed, 04 Nov 2009 10:34:58 GMT
Hi,

I'm trying to deploy cocoon to tomcat but I seem to be getting a
conflict with the packaging type and maven. If I want the cocoon RCL
plugin to run then the package type needs to be jar but if I want to
deploy to tomcat the package type needs to be war (in the pom.xml). I
can get the code working if I use jetty as it doesn't seem to require
a war package. The results after running mvn package with the package
type set to war:

[INFO] [cocoon:prepare {execution: prepare}]
[INFO] Don't execute the Cocoon RCL plugin becaues either its
packaging type is not 'jar' or there is no rcl.properties file in the
block's base directory.

The results of trying to deploy to tomcat if the project is set to jar:

[INFO] [jar:jar]
[INFO] Building jar: /Users/gmr/development/zoidberg_cocoon/target/
webapp-1.0.0.jar
[INFO] [tomcat:redeploy]
[INFO] Skipping non-war project

The tomcat, jetty and cocoon details from the pom.xml are:

33     <plugin>
  34         <groupId>org.apache.cocoon</groupId>
  35         <artifactId>cocoon-maven-plugin</artifactId>
  36         <version>1.0.0-M2</version>
  37         <executions>
  38           <execution>
  39             <id>prepare</id>
  40             <phase>compile</phase>
  41             <goals>
  42               <goal>prepare</goal>
  43             </goals>
  44           </execution>
  45         </executions>
  46       </plugin>
  47       <plugin>
  48         <groupId>org.mortbay.jetty</groupId>
  49         <artifactId>maven-jetty-plugin</artifactId>
  50         <version>6.1.7</version>
  51         <configuration>
  52           <connectors>
  53             <connector
implementation="org.mortbay.jetty.nio.SelectChannelConnector">
  54               <port>8888</port>
  55               <maxIdleTime>30000</maxIdleTime>
  56             </connector>
  57           </connectors>
  58           <webAppSourceDirectory>${project.build.directory}/rcl/
webapp</webAppSourceDirectory>
  59           <contextPath>/</contextPath>
  60         </configuration>
  61       </plugin>
  62 <plugin>
  63          <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
  64          <artifactId>tomcat-maven-plugin</artifactId>
  65          <configuration>
  66          <url>http://localhost:8080/manager</url>
  67          <path>/cocoon-2.2</path>
  68          <username>******</username>