cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Jos Snellings <Jos.Snelli...@pandora.be>
Subject Re: cocoon3 block deployment
Date Tue, 17 Nov 2009 13:45:22 GMT
Please find below the follow up on the tomcat deployment problem. I am sure it is of interest

to a lot of users:
With the latest sources checked out from svn, built in eclipse the problem is solved.

Deployment under tomcat:
1. add xercesImpl.jar
2. in the local build I have no pom.properties file included in the jar
   (in fact, in my builds there is no META-INF/maven), so XMLSitemapServlet.initVersionNumber()
will fail,
   I stubbed that method for the time being.
3. An entry Cocoon-Block-Name in the manifest file is not necessary, this invalidates:
   http://cocoon.apache.org/subprojects/block-deployment/1.1/1471_1_1.html

Blocks are neatly deployed under the mount point specified in the servlet-service bean declaration.

I had to adapt the samples to the alpha-2 level. Some classes were refactored to cocoon-sax,
others are obsolete.
Is the new version available? Care for the adapted code?

Cheers,
Jos