cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Luca Morandini <lmorand...@ieee.org>
Subject Re: Modifying MIME-TYPE with ImageReader
Date Thu, 22 Oct 2009 19:32:30 GMT
On 22/10/09 18:30, Rainer Pruy wrote:

> still all doubts are around "e":

I do agree.

> A simple test in the meantime would be changing the request to call for "test.gif"
> and compare the results.

Yep... although it could be even easier to test: since the (untransformed) JPEG is
square and the (transformed) GIF is circular, what's needed is just checking the
transparency of the background.

> Requesting JPG and getting GIF troubles a lot of potential clients.
> Would it be possible to make a request for .gif in the necessary cases.

To avoid trobule, I suppose every image should be converted to GIF, whether this
transformation is needed or not; or, possibly, two separate pipelines (assuming
one can tell the image to convert from the one not to convert *before* requesting it).

Regards,