cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Luca Morandini <lmorand...@ieee.org>
Subject Re: Modifying MIME-TYPE with ImageReader
Date Thu, 22 Oct 2009 15:41:58 GMT
On 22/10/09 16:19, Gaurav Kalia wrote:
> Yes, On the browser the image is coming as JPG format but it should come
> as GIF Format as transformed by my CustomReader Class.

What, exactly, comes back to the browser ?

1) A GIF image mistaken for a JPEG one, hence appearing as a broken image on the
browser
2) A correct JPEG image, visibile on the browser
3) A correct GIF image, but with the mime-type of a JPEG
4) Other...

Moreover, a look at the HTTP headers (both request and response) will help sorting
this out.

To be honest, I don't see the point of a client requesting a JPEG image and
receiving a GIF one instead... but I suppose it makes a business case of sort.

Regards,