cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Kamal Bhatt <bh...@tt.com.au>
Subject Re: Trying to find cocoon-fop-ng-impl in order to use FOP 0.9x with Cocoon 2.2?
Date Sun, 25 Oct 2009 21:55:20 GMT
<head>
</head>
Actually, correction, FOP is a listed dependency.<br>
  <title></title>
Hi,<br>
Have you tried downloading the source directly and installing it
locally?<br>
The code can be found here:<br>
  <a moz-do-not-send="true" class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
 href="http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/trunk/blocks/cocoon-fop/cocoon-fop-ng-impl/">http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/trunk/blocks/cocoon-fop/cocoon-fop-ng-impl/</a><br>
You could download the code and install the artifact by running:<br>
mvn install  (on the checked out source for cocoon-fop-ng-impl)<br>
 Once this is done, I think it is as simple as adding the dependeny to
your project's POM file (the version should be 1.0.0-SNAPSHOT).<br>
Now, I haven't done any of this, so I am only guessing here.  I suspect
you may have some problems as I don't see FOP in the dependency <br>
Cheers.<br>
 cite="mid:1969710801.3672161256145421161.JavaMail.root@zm-mbx-levy.zimbra.upenn.edu"
 type="cite">
    <pre wrap="">I would like to use FOP 0.9x with Cocoon 2.2: This should be possible.

<a moz-do-not-send="true" class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
 href="http://www.nabble.com/Cocoon-2.2-FOP-td18959290.html">http://www.nabble.com/Cocoon-2.2-FOP-td18959290.html</a>

  </pre>
      <pre wrap="">by Jasha Joachimsthal-2 Aug 15, 2008
cocoon-fop-ng-impl uses FOP 0.9x. cocoon-fop-impl uses FOP 0.20.x
The number of the Cocoon FOP block does not follow the FOP versioning.
    </pre>
    <pre wrap=""><!---->
... but, when I try to reference that artifact in my pom, maven can't resolve the dependency:

  </pre>
      <pre wrap="">Missing:
----------
1) org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-fop-ng-impl:jar:1.0.0
    </pre>
    <pre wrap=""><!---->
I've done a little searching, but I can't find an artifact by this name (cocoon-fop-ng-impl)
in any repository. Reading through the lists, it seems like at some point there was some trouble
in satisfying a FOP 0.9x dependency, and that was preventing the Cocoon artifact from being
released (for instance: <a
 moz-do-not-send="true" class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
 href="http://markmail.org/thread/jzm2zcurt744ka3i">http://markmail.org/thread/jzm2zcurt744ka3i</a>),
but the message referencing "cocoon-fop-ng-impl" above is latter, so that suggests the problems
were resolved somehow?

Any advice on a way forward? Right now, in Cocoon 2.2, with the pom referencing "cocoon-fop-impl",
my XSL-FO is triggering a known bug in FOP 0.2x ("No meaningful layout in block after many
attempts.  Infinite loop is assumed."). If I download the FOP 0.9x jar, and just use it directly,
the PDF renders without problems. Is there a Cocoon 2.2 block using FOP 0.9x available, or
do I just need to make one myself? Thanks.

For additional commands, e-mail: <a moz-do-not-send="true"
 class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
 href="mailto:users-help@cocoon.apache.org">users-help@cocoon.apache.org</a>

  </pre>
  <pre class="moz-signature" cols="72">--