cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Huy Nguyen <hngu...@broadinstitute.org>
Subject cocoon 3 in jboss 5
Date Tue, 20 Oct 2009 23:53:04 GMT
Hi,
I'm checking out cocoon 3 in jboss 5 on Vista, and I'm running into an
error that could be related to the one posted at:

   http://markmail.org/message/hyayj7hiwq3s56ed

Little debugging seems to suggest that the error is due
to ZipFile in jboss 5 not being able to handle long file names.
This problem seems to have been fixed in spring3-CR1, but cocoon 3 code
has to be updated too.

The error I got is like this:

Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException:
.... \cocoon-rest-3.0.0-alpha-2-SNAPSHOT.jar\META-INF\cocoon\spring (The
system cannot find the path specified)
     at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(ZipFile.java:114)
     at java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(JarFile.java:133)

This is the error I got after switching to spring3-CR1:

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
org.apache.cocoon.spring.configurator.impl.AbstractSettingsBeanFactoryPostProcessor.parseStringValue(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/util/Properties;Ljava/util/Set;)Ljava/lang/String;

Here are the links:

http://jira.springframework.org/browse/SPR-5120
http://static.springsource.org/spring/docs/3.0.x/changelog.txt

I would be great if you could start using spring 3-CR1 (or suggest a
patch to use it with alpha-2), and that it can run in jboss 5.

thanks,
huy