cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Alexander Daniel <alexander.dan...@gmx.at>
Subject Re: XHTML via Tidy not making it into XSLT
Date Fri, 23 Oct 2009 16:59:44 GMT
On 23.10.2009, at 13:26, Peter Flynn wrote:

> Testing it from the command line with Saxon, I get this:
>
>> Recoverable error on line 7 of file:/xsl/tools.xsl:
>>  FODC0005: java.io.IOException: Server returned HTTP response code:
>> 503 for URL:
>>  http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd
>
> 503 is a temporary overload, but that URI is retrievable with curl
> the instant before and after using Saxon. And in any case, when
> going via Cocoon it would cache the DTD (wouldn't it? to avoid
> overloading the W3C with a gazillion requests for the DTD URI?)

Cocoon uses the entity resolution via catalogs for resolving DTDs.
"xhtml1-strict.dtd" is defined in [1] as PUBLIC via "-//W3C//DTD XHTML
1.0 Strict//EN". "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"
is the SYSTEM one. I summarized some info about the entity resolving
in Cocoon 2.2 in [2].

I also experienced that w3.org URLs are sometimes retrievable and
sometimes not, i.e. you can't count on them.

Alex

[1] http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/tags/cocoon-2.2/cocoon-xml-resolver/cocoon-xml-resolver-1.0.0/src/main/resources/META-INF/cocoon/entities/w3c/catalog
[2] http://markmail.org/message/ueyhyzki2g7mzaa5