cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Zoran Regvart <zregv...@gmail.com>
Subject Cocoon Spring Configurator - other ways of configuring running mode
Date Wed, 23 Sep 2009 12:32:48 GMT
Hi,
would there be an interest in other ways of configuring Cocoon Spring
Configurator's running mode besides system property or via the
settings element.
Let me explain my use-case: I run in parallel several versions of
applications, possibly in different running modes, so setting the
system property is not an option for me, also setting the running mode
via the settings element doesn't help because I need to use the same
jar's, gathered from internal maven repository, in different
environments, sometimes included in other applications, having them
specify running mode conflicts with the running mode of the
application that includes it.
Has anyone found a solution for this problem? Have you considered
implementing other ways of configuring the running mode besides the
system property and the settings element? Is there an interest for a
JNDI lookup for the running mode (I could provide a patch)?

thanks

zoran
--
Human by day user by night