cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Robby Pelssers" <robby.pelss...@ciber.com>
Subject RE: REPOST: Queries in Cocoon 2.1.11 not working with"AS"protocol?
Date Mon, 14 Sep 2009 09:35:33 GMT
Only last week I ran into such an issue where my app was running
flawlessly on my development environment but when I deployed it to the
QA environment I got following exception:

Cannot create handle for transformer "SomeTransformer.xslt" ... This was
due to the fact that my file had two capital letters and in my sitemap I
referred to "Sometransformer.xslt".  on windows this will work so you
don't spot the error in time ;-(

The same goes for (SQL) tables, columns etc.

Your queries run like a charm on windows until you deploy your app on a
unix environment.  Luckily you'll be able to spot these kinds of
mistakes quickly if you keep this in mind.  My advise is to use
consistently lowercase for your tables/columns so you'll never run into
these issues.

Cheers.
Robby Pelssers

-----Original Message-----
From: Derek Hohls [mailto:dhohls@csir.co.za]
Sent: Monday, September 14, 2009 10:35 AM
To: users@cocoon.apache.org
Subject: RE: REPOST: Queries in Cocoon 2.1.11 not working
with"AS"protocol?

Thanks Robby; the production machine is running Linux and
so I had assumed it was *not* a case-problem but more related
to my Cocoon and/or MySQL upgrade - and obviously I do not
want to upgrade the production server until its running locally...

>>> "Robby Pelssers" <robby.pelssers@ciber.com> 09/14/09 10:20 AM >>>
Not sure if this is important to mention but whenever you port a cocoon
application from windows to unix... you'll bound to see exceptions....
like
* FileNotFoundException
* table not Found exception

All this due to casesensitivity on unix systems...

If this is related to this problem I don't know but it's worthwile
checking the tablenames thoroughly and comparing them to your queries.

Kind regards,
Robby