cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Robby Pelssers" <robby.pelss...@ciber.com>
Subject how-to query an xml repository efficiently
Date Mon, 07 Sep 2009 13:54:37 GMT
Hi all,

I have following use case.  The customer has an xml repository which is
nothing more then a directory on filesystem which contains
subdirectories containing one or more xml files.  They now want to query
those xml files on some predefined criteria which might change over
time...

I'm looking for a solution which results in high performance search and
some things that came to my mind was

*         extracting information and storing them in a database (e.g.
HSQLDB)

*         using lucene

Is there somewhere detailed documentation available on using these?  And
what would you recommend for my use case?

I already found some stuff but no real quick-start material.

http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/concepts/xmlsearching.html

http://cocoon.apache.org/2.2/blocks/hsqldb-client/1.0/

http://cocoon.apache.org/2.2/blocks/hsqldb-server/1.0/

Thx in advance,