cocoon-users mailing list archives

From David Beasley <david.beas...@publishingtechnology.com>
Subject Re: How to use SOAP to deliver a Cocoon report?
Date Mon, 28 Sep 2009 16:00:09 GMT
Thanks for both your suggestions; Andreas' idea was what I was looking
for - a way to create a pipeline in Cocoon that takes a SOAP request as
an input XML document, and performs various transformations so as to
turn that into as SOAP response XML document. Yes, I can see now how it
could be done - but on second thoughts, I'm not sure that its a sensible
way to do it. This approach doesnt use the Axis Block, so I would have
to re-implement much of the functionality that Axis provides.

Andreas, I'm interested to know how you see the relative pros/cons of
your approach compared with using Axis?

regards
David

--