cocoon-users mailing list archives

From David Beasley <david.beas...@publishingtechnology.com>
Subject How to use SOAP to deliver a Cocoon report?
Date Thu, 24 Sep 2009 15:56:57 GMT
Can anyone help me with using the Axis-based Cocoon SOAP server?

I want to be able to deliver an XML-formatted report in response to a
SOAP request. I've written a pipeline that produces the report. Cocoon
will handle SOAP requests ok, but only as a Reader service (not a
Generator or Transformer). So, I'm trying to work out how I integrate
the SOAP request with the report-generating pipeline I've written.

It seems to me that I need to write some java code, to be invvoked by
the SOAP request, and have this code itself invoke Cocoon to generate
the XML report - which the java code then includes in the body of the
SOAP response.

Is this the best way to do it? And if so, does anyone have any
hints/tips/sample code?

Or is there some other way to integrate the result of a Cocoon pipeline
with the response to a SOAP request, that doesnt involve calling out to
a java routine which then calls back into Cocoon?

I'm thinking that life might be easier if there were a separate SOAP
Generator and SOAP Serializer, and I could then plug my
report-generating pipeline into the middle. Or is it not as simple as that?

David Beasley