cocoon-users mailing list archives

From David Beasley <david.beas...@publishingtechnology.com>
Subject Starting out with Cocoon 2.2
Date Thu, 10 Sep 2009 10:52:47 GMT
I'm looking for help with starting to use Cocoon 2.2. I've looked at the
website (cocoon.apache.org), but havent found very much in terms of
introductory guides, tutorials, etc.

I'm just about to embark on a new project, which will involve handling
SOAP requests, fetching data from an Oracle database, and returning
reports as XML documents. I'd like to use Cocoon 2.2 for this, but I'm
concerned about the apparent lack of support for it.

Can anyone suggest any resources that will help me get started with
Cocoon 2.2?

I've got a book on Cocoon 2.0 (Langham & Ziegeler), and I have a tiny
amount of experience with Cocoon 2.0. I'm wondering if I would just be
better off using Cocoon 2.0, as there seems to be more support for this.

Having said this, I see that the Cocoon wiki
(http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon) hasnt been updated since Jan 2008, that
there's no FAQ for 2.2, and that no books on Cocoon have been published
in the past 5 years. I'm concerned that interest in and support for
Cocoon is dying out. Would I be better off choosing a completely
different technology for my project?

--
David Beasley