cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Peter Flynn <pfl...@ucc.ie>
Subject Re: Restricting access by IP address
Date Wed, 09 Sep 2009 10:56:40 GMT
Jeroen Reijn wrote:
> Hi Peter,
>
> have you also considered doing this with a webserver in front of your
> cocoon application?

Yes, we currently front Tomcat with Apache httpd as a virtual host, but
it's at the top level, eg

<VirtualHost *:80>
     ServerAdmin pflynn@ucc.ie
     ProxyPreserveHost On
     ProxyPass / ajp://localhost:8009/
     ProxyPassReverse / ajp://localhost:8009/
     ServerName foobar.ucc.ie
     ErrorLog logs/foobar.ucc.ie-error_log
     CustomLog logs/foobar.ucc.ie-access_log combined
</VirtualHost>

I can't seem to find any information about how to refine this so that
access to the specific URI for the feed gets checked, and all other
accesses get allowed, unless I create a separate VH for that feed only.

///Peter